GemBox.Document is a .NET library that enables you to read, write, convert, and print document files (DOCX, DOC, PDF, RTF, HTML, and ODT) from .NET applications.
With GemBox.Document you get a fast and reliable library that’s easy to use and doesn’t depend on Microsoft Word. It requires only .NET and it’s much faster than Microsoft Office Automation!
You can download and use the library for free, even for commercial projects. The Professional version, which comes with 12 months of technical support and without limitations, requires a license for every developer. There are no OEM, server, or deployment licenses. We also offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Read Word (DOCX, DOC), ODT, HTML, RTF, XML (Flat OPC, WordML), TXT, and PDF files.
- Write/create and convert to DOCX, ODT, PDF, PDF/A, XPS, HTML, RTF, XML (Flat OPC, WordML), TXT, and image formats.
- View and edit documents in WPF, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core, and Windows.Forms applications.
- Print documents.
- Protect, encrypt, and digitally sign documents.
- Get, create, or edit paragraphs, text, tables, hyperlinks, bookmarks, fields, sections, headers, footers, and footnotes and endnotes.
- Get, create, or edit drawings like shapes, pictures, charts, and text boxes.
- Get, create, or edit paragraph, character, list, table, table row, and table cell formatting.
- Get, create, or edit paragraph, list, character, and table styles.
- Access or modify section properties, picture properties, default paragraph and character formatting, and more.
- Get and set built-in and custom document properties.
- Clone or combine document elements between documents.
- Replace or set bookmark content.
- Load HTML / RTF / TXT into a specific document position.
- Import data to your document from various data sources and control the document import region and import process.
- Create, read, or update form fields.
- Preserve unsupported document content elements and properties when reading a document.
- Medium trust support.