GemBox Ltd. (“we”, “us”, “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 or any subsequent amendment or replacement or supplementary legislation (the “Act”), the data controller is GemBox Ltd., Aleja Lipa 1/E, 10040 Zagreb, Croatia.
Information We May Collect from You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about yourself by filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, email, or other means. This includes information you provide when you download or purchase our products, contact our support team via web form, email, chat, or phone, or leave feedback on our Website. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number, and financial and credit card information.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Website, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type, and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, and operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times; download errors; duration of visits to certain pages; page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs); and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In such a case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this Website. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners; sub-contractors in technical, payment, and delivery services; advertising networks; analytics providers; search information providers; and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from such parties.
The table below explains the cookies we use and why we use each of them.
|Google Analytics||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our Website. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the Website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Website, where visitors have come to the Website from, and the pages they visited. To opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.|
|DeskPro||We use DeskPro Chat to enable live chatting with our support team.|
|Visual Website Optimizer||We use Visual Website Optimizer to collect information about how visitors use our Website.|
|GemBox Online Examples||These cookies are used to enable us to preserve different settings for our online examples, such as by programming language preferences.|
You can set up your browser options, to stop your computer from accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use the entire Website or all functionality of the services.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit HTTP cookie – Wikipedia.
How We Use the Information
We use information held about you in the ways set out below.
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of Your Information
Information we share with third parties. We may share your information with selected third parties, including:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, and our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in Section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- Business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter in to with them or you;
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 250 women aged over 25 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, men living in London). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in improving and optimizing our Website;
- Credit reference agencies, for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
Information we disclose to third parties. We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If GemBox Ltd., or substantially all of its assets, is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, and/or any other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, safety, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
From time to time, we will provide information to our customers in the form of electronic newsletters. When you subscribe to our newsletter you will be added to our mailing list and will receive emails about our products, offers, and feedback. The emails will come from us, not from third parties. They will be sent directly to the email address that you provide when you subscribe. If you no longer wish to receive newsletters from us in the future, you can unsubscribe from this mailing list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
We display personal testimonials (success stories) of satisfied customers on our Website in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, please see the Contact section below.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers or partners. Such staff or sub-contractors may be engaged in, among other things, fulfilling your order, processing your payment details, or providing support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing, or processing of your data outside of the EEA.
Our Website is accessible via the internet and may potentially be accessed by anyone around the world. Other users may access the Website from outside the EEA. This means that depending on where you choose to post your data on our Website, it could potentially be accessed from anywhere around the world, and therefore a transfer of your data outside of the EEA may be deemed to have occurred. You consent to such transfer of your data for, and by way of, this purpose.
Protection of Information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using TLS technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share any password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will endeavor to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of data is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will apply strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Links to Other Websites
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have the right under the Act, free of charge, to:
- Request access to your personal data,
- Request that your personal data is rectified or deleted,
- Request a restriction on the processing of your personal data,
- Object to the processing of your personal data,
- Request a transfer of your personal data (data portability).
Where we process your personal data for marketing purposes, we will inform you and obtain your opt-in consent (before collecting your personal data) if we intend to use your personal data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, please click on the opt-out options and we will remove your details from our mailing lists.
We send push notifications from time to time in order to update you about any service updates, events, and promotions we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these communications, please disable these in the settings on your device.
We retain personal data for as long as necessary for the relevant activity for which it was provided or collected. For customers who have not purchased our product or service or started a conversation with our support team, this period will be no more than one year.
GemBox Ltd. and its websites are neither designed nor structured to attract children. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect personal information from anyone we know to be under 16 years of age. If we are made aware that information is, or has been, submitted by or collected from a child under the age of 16, we will promptly delete this information.