GemBox.Pdf is a powerful .NET API that enables you to create, read, write, edit, and print PDF files. You can also merge, split, sign, clone, and convert PDF files and manipulate low-level objects from .NET applications simply and efficiently.
With GemBox.Pdf, you get a fast and reliable API that’s easy to use. Best of all, GemBox.Pdf requires only .NET – it doesn’t rely on Adobe Acrobat or any other third-party software. That means you can easily deploy your application without worrying about additional licenses or compatibility issues.
You can download and use the API for free, even for commercial projects. The Professional version, which comes with 12 months of technical support and without limitations, requires a license for every developer. There are no OEM, server, or deployment licenses. We also offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Convert PDF files to image (PNG, JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, and WMP) and XML Paper Specification (XPS) formats.
- View PDF files in WPF applications.
- Print PDF files.
- Merge PDF files.
- Split PDF files.
- Create, fill in, flatten, read, and export PDF interactive forms.
- Extract a Unicode representation of a PDF page and individual text elements with their bounds and font.
- Extract images from PDF files.
- Extract text from images or scanned PDF files with optical character recognition (OCR).
- Encrypt and digitally sign PDF files.
- Clone or import pages between PDF documents.
- Read, write and update PDF files.
- Get, create or edit bookmarks (outlines).
- Get and set document properties.
- Add watermark, header, and footer to PDF pages.
- Get and set viewer preferences.
- Get, create, remove, or reorder pages.
- Add text, images, shapes (paths), form XObjects, content groups, and marked content to pages and format (fill, stroke, and clip) the content.
- Annotate PDF pages with hyperlinks.
- Use basic PDF objects for currently unsupported PDF features.
- Medium trust support.
- Use private fonts to bypass medium trust environment restrictions.