GemBox.Pdf 1.5 Released
We have released a new version of our PDF component, Gembox.Pdf 1.5, that provides an easy and efficient way to read, merge, split, and process PDF files in .NET.
The biggest addition in this version is major improvements to PDF digital signature functionality. The most notable improvements are:
- Support for signing a PDF file with a PDF Advanced Electronic Signature (PAdES) and a Long Term Validation (LTV) enabled signature using GemBox.Pdf, GemBox.Document, GemBox.Spreadsheet, and GemBox.Presentation components.
- Support for signing a PDF file with a PKCS#11/Cryptoki device (for example, HSM, USB token or smart card).
- Support for signing a PDF file with an external signature (for example, from web service).
- Support for simple validation of signatures in a PDF file.
- Support for creating a signed PDF file with a visible signature using GemBox.Spreadsheet component. Creation of visible signatures using other GemBox components is already supported.
- More realistic examples in GemBox Example Explorer that no longer use self-signed digital ID. For more information, see digital ID notes.
- Support for all popular signature algorithms (RSA, ECDsa and DSA) with up to 4096-bit key lengths, various hash algorithms and RSA signature paddings, signature and document timestamping, retrieval of signature content and more.