GemBox.Document is a .NET component that enables you to read, write, convert, and print document files (DOCX, DOC, PDF, RTF, HTML, and ODT) from .NET applications in a simple and efficient way.
Rich Set of Features
GemBox.Document allows you to:
- Read Microsoft Word (DOCX), Word 97-2003 (DOC), HyperText Markup Language (HTML), OpenDocument Text (ODT), Rich Text Format (RTF), Plain Text (TXT), Flat OPC Format (XML), WordML Format (XML) and Portable Document Format (PDF) documents.
- Write, create and convert to Microsoft Word (DOCX), HyperText Markup Language (HTML), OpenDocument Text (ODT), Rich Text Format (RTF), Plain Text (TXT), Flat OPC Format (XML), Portable Document Format (PDF) and XML Paper Specification (XPS) documents.
- Print documents. Render document pages in image files (PNG, JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, WMP) or WPF's ImageSource. View documents in WPF's DocumentViewer.
- Programmatically access and change document content and formatting options.
- Import data to your document from various data sources in a process known as Mail merge.
For a full list of features, see Features.
Unified programming interface for DOCX, DOC, PDF, HTML, XPS, ODT, RTF, TXT and XML formats.
GemBox.Document provides a single programming interface for multiple document formats (DOCX, DOC, PDF, HTML, XPS, ODT, RTF, TXT and XML) which makes it very easy to programmatically create document content and save it in various file formats or to convert documents between various file formats.
GemBox.Document content model is similar to other flow document oriented models, like HTML, which frees developer from having to specify pages and coordinates for content elements when importing from and exporting to fixed document formats, such as PDF or XPS. Internal structure recognizer, paginator and rendering engine take care of that automatically.
For more details about supported document file formats in GemBox.Document, see Supported File Formats.
Independent of Microsoft Office Automation
GemBox.Document does not use Microsoft Office Automation so it can be used on machines without Microsoft Office installed.
Plain and Fair Licensing
We don't charge you additional server licenses. You can use our component for an unlimited number of projects (you don't need to purchase additional "OEM licenses"). Nor do we force you to purchase subscription packages.
Our licensing is very simple; every developer working with our component needs to be covered by a developer license. We don't care if it is a Windows or a web application, how many servers you use or if you have just one or millions of customers.
For more information about evaluating and licensing GemBox.Document, see Evaluation and Licensing.
With GemBox.Document you will experience high performance reading, writing, mail merging and other document related tasks.
Internal caching of format data, transparent to the user, enables GemBox.Document to outperform all competitive products regarding memory usage.
Simple and Intuitive API
GemBox.Document is designed and developed to conform to Microsoft standards and best practices for developing .NET libraries.
GemBox.Document content model contains only a few classes and content collections are strongly-typed which makes GemBox.Document very easy to learn and to use, and very hard to use in an inappropriate way.
As opposed to OpenXML SDK which was designed to support an entire OpenXML specification, GemBox.Document has been designed from a user-friendly point of view. GemBox.Document API is simple and intuitive allowing users to spend less time on studying underlying technology and specification and spend more time on actual application development.
To help you get started coding with GemBox.Document, see Hello World Example.