GemBox.Spreadsheet is a .NET component that enables developers to read, write, convert and print spreadsheet files (XLSX, XLS, ODS, CSV, HTML, PDF, XPS) from .NET applications in a simple and efficient way without requiring Microsoft Excel to be installed on the server.
The best way to explore supported features is by using our Sample Explorer:
- Read Microsoft Excel files (XLSX, XLS, ODS or CSV) and HTML files.
- Write / create and convert to XLSX, XLS, ODS, CSV, HTML, PDF, XPS and image formats.
- Print spreadsheets or charts.
- Encrypt XLSX spreadsheets.
- View spreadsheets or charts in WPF applications.
- Get, create or edit sheets, rows, columns, cells, formulas, hyperlinks, comments, images, charts.
- Get, create or edit styles and formatting.
- Get, create or edit headers and footers, grouping and outlining, data validation, sheet protection, document properties, print and view options.
- Get, create or edit row height and column width, print titles and area, freeze or split panes.
- Import or export spreadsheet data from/to DataTable.
- Search or sort spreadsheet data.
- Preserve unsupported elements (illustrations, shapes, certain charts, header/footer images, autofilter, conditional formatting, macros, pivot tables, smart arts, sparklines, slicers).
- Medium trust support.
Notice that different file formats have different level of support. Therefore, for file formats that you require, you should check if our current implementation supports features that you need.
New Open XML (.XLSX) and OpenDocument (.ODS) formats are becoming industry standards, because they are open, standardized and extensible. You can read XLSX files in Excel 2003 and older by using Microsoft compatibility pack. ODS files are fully supported in Excel 2007 SP2.
GemBox.Spreadsheet on-line help contains additional information about API and supported features.
For frequently asked licensing and technical questions, consult our FAQ section.