GemBox.Spreadsheet is a .NET component that enables developers to read, write, convert and print spreadsheet files (XLSX, XLS, ODS, CSV, HTML, PDF, XPS) from .NET applications in a simple and efficient way without requiring Microsoft Excel to be installed on the server.
The best way to explore supported features is by using our Sample Explorer:
- Read Microsoft Excel files (XLSX, XLS, ODS) files, textual files (CSV, TXT) and HTML files.
- Write / create and convert to XLSX, XLS, ODS, CSV, TXT, HTML, PDF, XPS and image formats.
- View and edit spreadsheets in WPF, ASP.NET and Windows.Forms applications.
- Print spreadsheets or charts.
- Protect, encrypt and digitally sign spreadsheets.
- Get, create or edit sheets, rows, columns, cells, formulas, hyperlinks, comments, images, charts, pivot tables.
- Get, create or edit cell styles and formatting, in-line text formatting and conditional formatting.
- Get, create or edit headers and footers, grouping and outlining, data validation, sheet protection, document properties, print and view options.
- Get, create or edit row height and column width, print titles and area, freeze or split panes.
- Import or export spreadsheet data from/to DataTable.
- Search, filter or sort spreadsheet data.
- Cell formula calculation engine.
- Preserve unsupported elements (illustrations, shapes, certain charts, macros, smart arts, sparklines, slicers).
- Medium trust support.
Notice that different file formats have different level of support. Therefore, for file formats that you require, you should check if our current implementation supports features that you need.
GemBox.Spreadsheet on-line help contains additional information about API and supported features.