GemBox.Spreadsheet is a .NET component that enables developers to read, write, convert and print spreadsheet files (XLSX, XLS, ODS, CSV, TXT, HTML, PDF, XPS) from .NET applications in a simple and efficient way.
Rich Set of Features
GemBox.Spreadsheet allows you to:
- Read Excel Workbooks (XLSX), Excel 97-2003 Workbooks (XLS), OpenDocument Spreadsheets (ODS), Character-separated-values text files (CSV), Fixed-columns-width text files (TXT) and Web Pages (HTML).
- Write, create and convert to Excel Workbooks (XLSX), Excel 97-2003 Workbooks (XLS), OpenDocument Spreadsheets (ODS), Character-separated-values text files (CSV), Fixed-columns-width text files (TXT), Web Pages (HTML), Adobe Portable documents (PDF) and Microsoft XML Paper documents (XPS).
- Print spreadsheets or charts. Render worksheets or charts in image files (PNG, JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, WMP) or WPF's ImageSource. View spreadsheets in WPF's DocumentViewer.
- Programmatically access and change spreadsheet content, formatting options and other settings.
- Import/export worksheet data to ADO.NET data table.
Unified programming interface for XLSX, XLS, ODS, CSV, TXT, HTML, PDF and XPS formats.
GemBox.Spreadsheet provides a single programming interface for multiple spreadsheet formats (XLSX, XLS, ODS, CSV, TXT, HTML, PDF, XPS) which makes it very easy to programmatically create spreadsheet and save it in various file formats or to convert spreadsheets between various file formats.
Independent of Microsoft Excel Automation
GemBox.Spreadsheet does not use Microsoft Excel Automation so it can be used on machines without Microsoft Excel installed.
Plain and Fair Licensing
We don't charge you additional server licenses. You can use our component for an unlimited number of projects (you don't need to purchase additional "OEM licenses"). Nor do we force you to purchase subscription packages.
Our licensing is very simple; every developer working with our component needs to be covered by a developer license. We don't care if it is a Windows or a web application, how many servers you use or if you have just one or millions of customers.
For more information about evaluating and licensing GemBox.Spreadsheet, see Evaluation and Licensing.
With GemBox.Spreadsheet you will experience high performance reading, writing, data importing / exporting and other spreadsheet processing related tasks.
Simple and Intuitive API
GemBox.Spreadsheet is designed and developed to conform to Microsoft standards and best practices for developing .NET libraries.
As opposed to OpenXML SDK which was designed to support the entire OpenXML specification or Excel.Interop which is a wrapper around Microsoft Excel application, GemBox.Spreadsheet has been designed from a user-friendly point of view. GemBox.Spreadsheet API is simple and intuitive allowing the users to spend less time on studying underlying technology and specification and spend more time on actual application development.
To help you get started coding with GemBox.Spreadsheet, see Hello World Example.