Evaluation and Licensing
GemBox.Email works in three different modes:
- Free mode - free of charge, limited to 50 sent or received messages and message attachments up to 50 KB.
- Time Limited mode - free of charge, limited to 30 days.
- Professional mode - requires purchasing a license key, no limitations.
All modes use the same GemBox.Email DLL so there is no need to reinstall the component when switching modes.
The first thing to do when coding with GemBox.Email is to instruct the component in which mode it will be used. This is accomplished by calling ComponentInfo.SetLicense(String) method with the specific license key parameter:
- FREE-LIMITED-KEY, to use the component in Free mode.
- The temporary license key that you receive after sending us a request for Time Limited mode.
- The professional license key that you receive after purchasing GemBox.Email, to use the component in Professional mode.
ComponentInfo.SetLicense method must be called before using any other class from GemBox.Email component.
ComponentInfo.SetLicense method can be called multiple times. What is important is that it is called with the same license key. Ideally, it should be called at the startup of your application. For example, it can be called in a Main method, an application startup event or a static constructor of your main class.
Free mode delivers the same performance and set of features as Professional mode, with the following limitations:
- FreeLimitReachedException will be thrown when 50 messages has been received or downloaded, or message attachment is greater than 50 KB.
- Email message will not be downloaded or, in case that attachment exceeds size limit, it's attachment will be trimmed if you handle ComponentInfo.FreeLimitReached event and set the FreeLimitEventArgs.FreeLimitReachedAction to FreeLimitReachedAction.Stop.
If you have evaluated the component and are satisfied with it, you can purchase the license key to use the component in the Professional mode - without any limitations.
After purchase, the only thing you need to do is to replace FREE-LIMITED-KEY with your purchased license key in ComponentInfo.SetLicense(String) method call.
There is no other installer or DLL for the Professional mode. You should continue to use the reference to existing GemBox.Email DLL in your project when switching to Professional mode.
Professional mode also includes technical support with prompt bug fixes. For more information, see Techincal Support.