We have released a new version of our presentation component for easy and efficient presentation processing in .NET without Microsoft PowerPoint – GemBox.Presentation 2.1.
New in GemBox.Presentation 2.1:
- Write support for the:
- Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF)
- Microsoft XMP Paper Specification (XPS)
- Image formats (BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, WMP)
- Support for printing
- Convert a presentation to the XpsDocument and ImageSource (providing a means to embed a presentation in WPF application with DocumentViewer and Image controls)
- Encrypt and digitally sign PDF files created from presentations
- Support for master notes slide and notes slides
- Support for table styles
- Support for built-in and custom presentation properties
If you have any questions, complaints, or suggestions, feel free to contact us.
We hope that new GemBox.Presentation features will add a greater value to your presentation processing / reporting applications.
We have released a new GemBox.Bundle product, a package of all our components for processing office files in .NET without Microsoft Office.
If you need to support more than one Office app (e.g., Excel or Word), GemBox.Bundle is the way to go.
GemBox.Bundle has the following advantages:
- Pricing 30% lower than the individually-purchased components.
- 1 year of free upgrades.
- Plain and fair licensing.
- No dependency on Microsoft Office.
- Faster than Microsoft Office automation.
You can download the GemBox.Bundle Free setup and evaluate our GemBox components free of charge and for an unlimited time period. Please note that the free versions of GemBox components have some limitations.
If you want to use the GemBox components without any limitations, you will need to purchase a license for the GemBox.Bundle Professional.
We hope that you will like our new product and if you have any questions, complaints, or suggestions, feel free to contact us.
We have just released a new setup, help, and examples for GemBox.Email 1.1 with support for the MSG file format.
For more information, see the GemBox.Email Convert example.
Other notable GemBox.Email improvements:
- Added ImapClient.MoveMessage for moving for moving email messages from one folder to another.
- Added PopClient.LogOutput, ImapClient.LogOutput and SmtpClient.LogOutput for client-server communication logging.
- Various other enhancements and fixes.
We hope that you like the new features. If you have any questions, complaints, or suggestions, feel free to contact us.
We have released new GemBox.Presentation component for easy and efficient PowerPoint presentation processing in .NET without Microsoft PowerPoint.
GemBox.Presentation, for now, supports PPTX reading and writing, but we are already working on support for other file formats.
GemBox.Presentation has following advantages:
- Rich Set of Features. More »
- No dependency on Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Faster than Microsoft PowerPoint automation. More »
- Plain and fair licensing. More »
- 100% managed code (C#), follows .NET class library design guidelines.
- Simple and easy-to-use programming interface. More »
- Preserves unsupported file format features. More »
GemBox.Presentation common uses:
- Generate PowerPoint presentations.
- Insert slides, shapes, pictures, tables, formatted text and other content.
- Extract data from presentations.
You can download GemBox.Presentation Free setup and evaluate GemBox.Presentation free of charge and for an unlimited time period. Free version is limited to 5 slides.
If you want to use the component in a professional mode – without any limitations – you need to purchase the license key. For more information about evaluation and licensing, see here.
We hope GemBox.Presentation will improve your productivity and efficiency of your presentation processing / reporting applications.
We have released a new version of our spreadsheet component for easy and efficient spreadsheet automation in .NET without Microsoft Excel – GemBox.Spreadsheet 4.1.
New in GemBox.Spreadsheet 4.1:
Added Calculation Engine.
GemBox.Spreadsheet now supports cell formula calculation. You don’t need to reopen your files in Microsoft Excel to calculate cell values, just call ExcelCell.Calculate, ExcelWorksheet.Calculate or ExcelFile.Calculate to update cell values. Check our Calculation Engine examples or help for more info.
- Improved help documentation.
- Fixed various other small issues and nuisances.
For more details about specific features, see our GemBox.Spreadsheet Examples.
We hope that new GemBox.Spreadsheet will add a greater value to your spreadsheet processing / reporting applications.
We have just released a new setup, help and Sample Explorer for the GemBox.Email 1.1 with the following features added:
- Mail address validation – Provides developers with the ability to validate a single or a collection of mail addresses. Validator checks mail address format, domain and account existence.
- Mail merge – A process for creating personalized mail messages based on a single template and variable data.
- Support for MHTML file format – You can now load and save mail messages from and to this new format.
We are proud to announce that we have just released our new .NET component, GemBox.Email 1.1. The component provides an easy and high-performance way for creating, sending, receiving, and processing emails using the SMTP, POP, and IMAP protocols. It also supports loading and saving emails, so you can store your emails exactly as they were received from the email server, with all of their headers and attachments.
We have just released a new setup, help, and examples for GemBox.Document 2.5 and GemBox.Spreadsheet 3.9 with support for digital signatures in PDFs.
Other notable GemBox.Document improvements:
- Major refactoring of lists (numbered / bulleted).
The internal implementation now supports all complex cases supported in the Office Open XML specification and MS Word application, and the public API has changed to support new features, such as bullet pictures, but remains backward compatible.
- Added the ability to calculate list items via the DocumentModel.CalculateListItems() method, ListItem type, and Paragraph.ListItem property.
- Added the new ImportMapping type, which can be used in the DocumentModel.Import(T, bool, ImportMapping) method to specify custom style mapping and to improve performance when importing multiple elements.
- Various other enhancements and fixes in GemBox.Document and GemBox.Spreadsheet. For more details, see the GemBox.Document bug fixes and GemBox.Spreadsheet bug fixes pages.
We have just released a new setup, help, and examples for GemBox.Document 2.5 with support for reading PDF files.
GemBox.Document currently supports reading PDF files that contain text in paragraphs and/or tables by trying to recognize the logical structure of the document from the content of PDF pages. The output is not of a high fidelity, since it depends on the complexity of the content of the PDF pages, but has the following advantages:
- The logical structure of the document (sections, paragraphs, tables) is available.
- Text search is fully supported.
- Editing a document is fully supported.
Note that we plan to progressively improve recognition of logical structure and add support for new features, such as pictures, form fields, etc.
For more information about PDF reading with GemBox.Document, see our help page: Support level for reading PDF format.
For an example showing the results obtained from reading a PDF file and extracting text from it, see the Read and Extract PDF Text in C# and VB.NET example.
Other notable improvements included in this release are:
- Added support for updating the TOC and table, column, and cell widths while paginating the document by using the DocumentModel.GetPaginator method with PaginatorOptions.
- Added support for text box formatting via the TextBox.TextBoxFormat property.
- Added support for default tab stops via the DocumentSettings.DefaultTabStop property.
- Added support for specifying DPI resolution when saving to image formats via the ImageSaveOptions.DpiX and ImageSaveOptions.DpiY properties.
- Added support for specifying a document name when printing a document via the PrintOptions.DocumentName property.
- Various other enhancements and fixes in GemBox.Document API and file format readers/writers. For more details, see the GemBox.Document bug fixes page.
We have just released a new setup, help and examples for GemBox.Spreadsheet 3.9 with following improvements:
- Added support for Conditional Formatting.
Conditional Formatting is loaded from and saved to XLSX file format only.
Conditional Formatting calculation is currently not supported.
- Added support for Pivot Tables.
Pivot Tables are loaded from and saved to XLSX file format only.
Pivot Table data calculation is currently not supported.
- Various other enhancements and fixes in GemBox.Spreadsheet API and file format readers / writers. For more details, see GemBox.Spreadsheet bug fixes page.
We hope that you like the new features. If you have any questions, complaints or suggestions, feel free to send us feedback.